Tuesday, 15 March 2011

A few magnolia challenges

Wow it feels like ages since I have been on here, well in fact it has been!! It has taken me a long time to start to get better and I can now finally say that I think I am on the mend, yippee!!!! Thank you to everyone that left me well wishes after my last post.

We have just had a long weekend here in Melbourne and my little sister came home for the weekend from interstate so we had lots of catching up time, it was so good seeing her and too hard having to say goodbye again..... Anyhow to cut a long story short (well not sure if actually achieved that) I did not really get a chance to make any cards. Today however Robbie woke up sneezing and rubbing his eyes so he had today off which meant that once I had finished my house work I could sit down and ease myself back into making cards.

Magnolia Down Under is celebrating its 2nd Birthday this week and I just knew that I had to join in the celebrations and make a card for there current challenge being 2's (2 stamps, 2 papers, 2 flowers). I have managed to get quite a few 2's on my card. I got two dies, 2 different types of flowers, 2 card stocks, two different colour rhinestones, two ribbons/lace.......

The next step though was a sketch ( I just did not have it in me to think of a layout myself) so off I went hunting. I was really torn between the sketch over at Friday Sketchers and this weeks sketch at just Magnolia. In the end though I went with Just Magnolia's sketch and am reasonably happy with how it all turned out.



Yellow is so not my normal colour but I wanted to try something different. I also liked the yellow in the paper and then when I teamed it up with the small yellow flowers I think it all came together quite well giving the card a springy feel. Not entirely happy with my colouring effort of her dress but I am a little out of practice and using colours I don't normally use...

I am also going to enter my card into the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts- dies/punches.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Bron, I love the colouring....oh and the papers! Did you do these with watercolours or copics? Glad to hear you're starting to feel better xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I love the way you have used gems for the bubbles and those flowers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the image and the colors are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. very gorgeous card Bron,
    one of my favorite Tilda´s
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! And your colouring is amazing!!:)
    Thank you for joining MDUC this special week for us.
    Big hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Bron. Refreshing color palette & a super coloring job. Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colouring looks gorgeous Bron! I love all the 2's you've incorporated in your card and the gems as bubbles look great :)

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under to help celebrate our 2nd Birthday :)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh this is gorgeous Bron! Nice to see you back. I luv how you used the little rhinestones for the bubbles. So cute! Stunning take on the sketch! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the contrasting colours, great take on the challenge
    thanks for helping us celebrate 2 years
    Denise
    MDUC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Bron! Love the colours especially her bright and sun shiny yellow dress. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card & wonderful coloring of this little cutie. So nice to see something yellow as there's not too much colored that way ... Makes you feel like spring is in the air.
    Hugs. Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at MSL! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs