Monday 22 March 2010

A special card for my special boy...

My little baby is turning 6 soon and with school holidays fast approaching I thought I better make his card so he will not see it. I can’t believe how quick the last 6 years have gone just feels like yesterday that I was holding him for the first time now he is a big cheeky monster that runs around the house at a million miles an hour!


I came across a challenge blog the other day called Just Christmas and Birthday Cards. I think the name is pretty self explanative. I have used their current sketch for the base of Robbie’s card. I will also be entering this card in Stamp Something current challenge – Distressing.


  


I have used the Sir Dunstan stamp from High Hopes as when Robbie saw this stamp a few months ago he begged me to make his birthday card using this stamp. I have had fun colouring the image using my watercolour pencils. Paper is from Cosmo Cricket and the cardstock is all Stampin Up. Of course I have also distressed my edges. A fairly simple card lets hope he likes it!


I better dash still got a few things to do.


Until next time xoxo

6 comments:

  1. This is just so adorable! Your coloring is fantastic! Great card and thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable card for your son!! ~he will just love it!!
    thanks for using the sketch over on JCBC!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evenin Bronwen, and what a fabulous card, i love that dragon image you'uve used. Thank you for joining us in the JCBC challenge this week hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Bronwen! Love the image and your coloring rocks! Fab distressing too. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamp Something this week, hope to see you back again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! Thanks for joining us at JCBC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute card...love the dustin pike images!
    thanks for joining us at JCBC!

    xx janina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs