Thursday 1 April 2010

Anyone for Anya Sketch Challenge.

We are nearly one week down on school holidays here in Melbourne and I am pleasantly surprised at how they are going. Normally the kids get bored and want to be entertained but they have been too busy this week with sleepovers, birthday parties and play dates to even think about being bored. I realized how tiered they were today when we were driving home from the city and they had fallen into deep sleeps ( you know the ones where the heads flop about!), so I decided that we needed an afternoon in, which of course meant that I got a chance to make a card.


There are so many great sketches around this week that I had a tough time trying to choose which one to do as I knew that I probably want get all of them done. I ended up going Anyone for Anya sketch simply because it has been ages since I have done one of their sketch challenges.


  sketch _8 copy[1]


If you do not already know you can now use CC Design images on these challenges now. I decided however to use a Twinkle Tot  as I have not stamped one of these up for a while.


 


I would have finished this card a while ago, even perhaps had time to start on another card, but I got so caught up in the moment of listening to my music and colouring that I did not look at the colours in the papers I had coloured her with a pink jacket and hat on, which of course just clashed horribly! Anyhow I am happy with the end result of the card (for some reason my camera did not pick up the shading to well in it today so you will just have to trust me when I say that they are there!) and have been told by my lovely daughter that it looks like it comes from a shop, LOL!


I have used as I mentioned Twinkle Tot from The Greeting Farm, copics for colouring, Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and Stampin Up cardstock, lace, button and ribbon I had in my draw. I have also applied some faux stitching and kinder glitz to the red buds on the paper and a bit to the sash on her hat and lips.


My husband is about to have 4 days off which is a real treat. He is a chef and works most nights and days as a head chef in Hawthorn but this long weekend the kitchen is shut as they are renovating. The kids don’t get to see him much (just an hour or so in morning before they go off to school and on his days off) so to have 4 days of daddy time is a real treat. I must admit that I am looking forward to it myself!!


I doubt very much I will be back before Easter so I would like to wish you all a happy Easter and let’s hope that Easter Bunny visits you all!


Until next time xoxo


 

2 comments:

  1. Love the fresh summery colours and the pretty papers adnd lace!

    Love from AFA?!

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - the image is coloured beautifully and those DP's are gorgeous
    lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs