Thursday 7 April 2011

Robbie's Birthday Card Take 2

If you read my post the other day showing Robbie birthday card you would remember by doubts that I had about it being too old for him.....well those doubts kept niggling at me and then my husband said its an ace card but not really suitable for him, its a bit dark....So off I went all frazzled to make a new birthday card.

I used the funky image from Tickled Pink Stamps - Lil Lad Stefan, picked some bright coloured papers and threw it all together. All in all (seeming I did not have the luxury of time to procrastinate over what do do) I am happy with it. Most importantly he thought it was cool!

He had such a fun day yesterday...I still cant believe he has turned 7.



Anyhow I am also entering this into this months challenge at Mad For Markers - using colours from YR, BG and RV. Now as this was a boys card I did struggle to use colours from the RV family but have used BG15, BG34, BG11 & BG10 together with R08, R05 & R02 for the surfboard. I also used the BG's for his shorts and top. I only have one YR copic and I used this with my browns in his hair.

Anyhow that it for me today, until next time xoxox

8 comments:

  1. Its a gorgeous card Bron and beautifully coloured!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.. what a wonderful card!! LOVE it! Great sentiment!
    Thanks for playing along at Mad for Markers!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Fantastic card Bron, love that image! Thanks so much for joining us over at Mad For Markers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I see what you mean!! This really is cute!! What a perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers... this is fabulous. Gorgeous colours & wonderful layout & image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is so cool. You colouring is spot on - perfect - fab. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers Challenges.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card Bron! Beautiful colouring and stitching! Thank you for joining us in our Mad for Markers Copic Colouring Challenge using colours from the RV, YR & BG family, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card! I absolutely love this image! I have Magnolia candy on my blog if you are interested. Thanks for joining in at Mad for Markers and good luck!
    Alicia xx
    http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/04/mad-for-markers-dt-yr-rv-bg-colour_26.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs