Thursday 25 February 2010

What do Flower Power & The Pink Elephant have in common?

ARGH…. That is how I feel at the moment! I have been on the job hunt for the last few weeks and had another interview today and I must say I am NOT enjoying it!!! Although I have not had success yet, although I seem to be told that I just missed out on each of them (I am sure this is just a standard line), I am not all that bothered as we are not desperate for me to return to the workforce it is something I would like to do to help pay for my addiction! Oh yeah and to break up some of the hours why the kids are at school. I will hopefully find out about this one by the beginning on next week. Fingers crossed with this one though as it is 5 minutes from home and only 10-15 hours per week, ideal.


One of the gorgeous mums at school asked me the other day for a couple cards one for her mum and one for her niece who is turning 7. I went home and started going through my stash only to notice that although I have lots of cards for ladies I did not have much for young girls (must because the kids are always going to parties so I use them) so my challenge over the next few days is to build up some reserve of cards for younger girls.


I turned to this weeks sketch over at The Pink Elephant and also took on the challenge at Totally Gorjuss which is Flower Power.


 


 


Please excuse the photo the colours are bit darker than in life and it seems to be a bit blurly. Does not show like this on my computer so not sure what is happening.


 I know that I used this paper not long ago but I hate having half bits of paper hanging around as I feel that it will go to waste. The other good thing about wanting to use up this paper is of course that it is flower patterned. Also I thought the image of the girl, which came from All that Scraps CC Designs Spring Kit (which I have cut out and 3D onto the top of the tree trunk) reminded me of a little flower power kid with the hair in pigtails and of course with the flower on her tee-shirt suited the flower theme well.


I came across a great tutorial the other day (sorry ladies can not for the life of me, remember where it was) on how to make the perfect bow. Although it is far from perfect I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised I think the red/purple ribbon looks great over the lace.


I have used my latest favorite colouring tool, watercolour pencils for this and have also applied some faux stitching.  The cardstock is Kraft from Stampin Up.


I have to say that I am enjoying my card making again this week so hopefully I will be back soon with another card for you.


Until next time xoxo

6 comments:

  1. WOW! These patterned papers are SO well suited for this image! Love the combo. SO SO cute. Thanks for sharing with us at TPE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super card.Thanks for joining us at TG
    Love sarah W XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG.

    Kat x

    ps I have blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG.

    Kat x

    ps I have blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I absolutely LOVE your take in the sketch your card is simply adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at TPE.
    Hugs Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable card!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at TPE!!
    Sheri
    TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs