Tuesday 18 May 2010

A Thank You

If you are in Melbourne I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous weather today. I have been out and about and enjoying the feeling of the sunshine on my back (I reckon it has to be one of the best feelings).


The card I am showing you today is for my son’s wonderful teacher. Robbie has entered his schooling life this year and has had some difficulties but his teacher has been fantastic. We are so pleased that he has her and grateful for all the extra effort she has given. We are going to give her this card with a bunch of flowers to try and show our appreciation. I made this card yesterday afternoon but ran out of energy to do a post.


The card’s layout is based on this weeks sketch over at Friday Sketchers:


 


 


 


I will also be entering this card into Quixotic Challenges - Let Your Garden Grow! Basically you had to make your own flowers. I came across a tutorial on how to make these flowers about a month ago and have been itching to give it a go. Unfortunately I can not give credit to where it belongs as I have lost my slip of paper that I had written it down on and it was not on one of my regular blogs as I have checked. If however you do know where the tut can be found please let me know so I can post a link here. Here is some close ups of the flower:




Being the toughest of critics that I am I am convinced the flower is too big and does not fit in well and think that I may remove it. In fact here is a pic without the flower tell me which you prefer?



I have used my watercolour pencils for colouring the image, October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket patterned papers, old olive Stampin Up cardstock, kaisercraft pearls, paper doily I got from local $2 shop, Sarah Kay stamp, Flowers Soft, sentiment from Kraftin Kimmie, scalloped punch and faux stitching.


Well I better dash only got ½ hour to get organized before need to pick up the kids from school.


 


Until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs