Wednesday 5 May 2010

Whats going on

Two posts in one day wow don’t expect to see it again for a while!! I don’t normally make 2 cards in one day but as I mentioned before I have a heap of cards I need to get made this week and I am running out of time!


This card is for my Nana’s husband whose birthday is tomorrow. We are celebrating with him tomorrow when my family meets up for dinner at the pub to celebrate Lizzie’s birthday. It was only half through making her card today that I realized I did not have a male card on hand.  The layout is my own, I know I hear you shouting what you did not follow a sketch challenge, LOL! The card does however come into this weeks challenge a Lili of the Valley challenge which is summery. I think this image suits summer to a tee. Wish it was warm here and not the start of winter. Oh well soon enough summer will be back around again and then I will be probably complaining it is too hot!


 


 


I have used image from Lili of the Valley, coloured using watercolour pencils, ribbon I had in my stash and patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket. I have also used a couple of kaisercraft pearls and distressed then inked all my edges. It is only just now that I am looking at the card to see if mentioned everything when I noticed that the cardstock I stamped the sentiment (from Kraftin’ Kimmie) onto is actually vanilla not white, oops, somehow though I don’t think he will notice.


Well I better dash I think I will go and make her birthday cake now.


Until next time xoxo


 

4 comments:

  1. Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful card. lovely image and beautiful dp's
    Lisa;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful summery card. I really love your colours and pretty details. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs