Sunday 13 February 2011

I think my MOJO is slowly creeping back

I was on such a good roll the other week with my cards making lots and really enjoying them then all the sudden my mojo disappeared and I came to a complete stop! I LOVE making cards but for some reason the last week I have had no desire to go make cards, now whether this was because I was not feeling too great over the week, had some very distressing news about my Oma and also was out of sorts with the kids going back to school I am not sure. However on Wednesday it was slowly creeping back and I managed to colour up my new magnolia and by yesterday I managed to make her into a card! It is my gorgeous niece's birthday tomorrow so I had the perfect reason to make a card using my new stamp.

I have made my card using this weeks sketch from Friday Sketchers and added some dimension, something I have not been doing a lot of lately my cards have not been layered up in height (I used to always do this) here is a side pic to give you a better idea...



I am also entering this card into this weeks challenge at Make It Colourful which is a colouring challenge, using shadows and depth in you colouring. I think I have managed this.



I resisted the urge to use my Webster papers and went back to some old favorites my October Afternoon papers. I just felt that they suited the image well and as my card is for a 5 year old I wanted it to have a younger feel to it. Anyhow she loved her card to mission achieved!

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

Magnolia stamp lovers - glitter ( the balloon is but the photo does not really show it)
Craft us crazy - anything goes

Robbie's at a party at the pool at the moment and Mick and Lizzie have gone along so they could have a swim so I have a few hours up my sleeve, wonder if my MOJO will allow me to make a start on another card? Time will tell I imagine.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time xoxo

Ingredients -
Stamp - Magnolia coloured using copics (sorry did the other day so cant remember what colours I used)
Papers - October afternoon
Embellishments - ribbon, lace, buttons, glitter and flowers
Other elements - Tilda's lace die, nestabilities, paper piercing and faux stitching

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!Love the colors and layout! Stunning detail and coloring!! I would love to have half of your mojo with cards like this!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bron, I just love your card. You have coloured Tilda so nicely and I love the touch of green in the balloon. :) What a perfect card to give to a little girl, I am sure she will be absolutely thrilled. Thanks so much for joining us at Make it Colourful this week. Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. New stamps are about the only thing that make my mojo want to come back. It's tough to get out of a mojo slump!! BUT THIS IS SO FUN!! So perfect for a bday card. I love how you can put so many different colors together and make the card look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and cute card Bron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Bron and shows your mojo is definitely there! I love the whole layout and all the layering. The image is just perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs