Monday 16 May 2011

a little bitof fun

 Morning (or evening depending on where you are) I hope you have had a great weekend. It has been freezing here this last week so we took the opportunity this weekend to spend some time at home which meant for me (as I was ahead with my DT work) that I could make a card just for the fun of it.

So last week Kellie had a sale of her unwanted stash and I picked up a cute Sweet Pea stamp. I love these images but I find they can be difficult to use as they are out of the normal for me. I have had some old Graphic 45 paper sitting in my stash for a good year now and I keep pulling it out to use but for some reason it never makes the cut and it goes back into the my pile. This time however I thought it matched the image really well so I took inspiration from the colours of the paper and coloured up my image. I love the green and brown together. I had so much fun colouring her up and for once I did not over agonise over the colouring and just let myself go. Now I should do this more often as I am happy with the end result especially how I managed to get the shadowing in for the nose to the eyes (hope you know what I mean).   Anyhow that is enough rambling from me now I will just show you my card.


I have gone very light on with embellishments for  this card as I just think the images are so sweet that it would be a waste to take away it by adding heavy embellishments. The white stamen I made myself after reading on how to on my blogging buddy Eulanda's blog.

I am going to enter my card into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe - Lace
Craft us Crazy - use fav embillishment or use something new (ribbon my fav embillie and new stamp)
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - old supplies (my paper)
Stamp Something (happy 3rd Anniversary) - Anything goes
Paper Sundaes - Birthday
Moving along with the times 2 "B's" - bow, brown, butterfly, blossom
Cute card Thursday - its so distressing.

I will be back tomorrow with my first DT Card for Mad for Makers challenges.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time

Ingratiates:
Stamp - Sweet Pea
Coloured using copics :
 Skin - E00, E11, E21, R11, R20
Hair - E29, E49, E37, E35, E33, E31
Dress & Butterfly - YG99, YG95, YG93
Eyes - V99, V95(make up) BG05, B000
Background - E72
Papers - Graphic 45
Embellishments - Lace, Ribbon, blossom, sticker, pearls & handmade stamen
Other elements - distressing and paper piercing  

10 comments:

  1. Such a great card!! Love the coloring and the image!
    Thanks for playing along with us on SSDS this week!
    Hope you come play again!
    Tammy, SSDS DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YAY!! I gave someone an idea!! Woo hoo!! Aren`t they easy? I actually just forget about them. This is just gorgeous!! You did really well to just let go. Not sure I`d be so lucky with result like that. LOL!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww that is a gorgeous card Bron! Looks absolutely beautiful!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Bron!
    Love it that you didn´t went overboard with the embellies :) This beautifully inked image is in all right the main focal of this card :)
    Gorgoues!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colouring Bron - love the distressing and the gorgeous image.

    Thank you so much for joining us at MAWTT this week - hope to see you again. Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Bron! You were so right to keep the embellies to a minimum. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS!! I love the paper you used and the colours are so pretty! I have this image and need to use it more. You've definitely inspired me to pull it out soon! Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes Birthday Celebration Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. just stunning!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Bron, I love the whole design.
    Thanks for joining in our 2B's challenge at MAWTT we are so pleased you have shared this with us.
    If you pop over to my own blog you could stand a chance of winning more prizes
    http://bumlebeesandbutterflieswithbrenda.blogspot.com
    Click the give-away picture in the sidebar.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous coloring!!

    Thanks so much for playing with SSDS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs