Thursday 24 September 2009

Just Magnolia

Well I am nearly one week down of school holidays and so far so good. We have been very busy this week but enjoying ourselves. Tonight I was supposed to go to Kristy’s for a play but will be crawling up on the couch instead as feeling a bit yuck.



 

I wanted to get this card posted though as I have really challenged myself with this one. I headed over to Just Magnolia, which I have not been too for a while, and saw this weeks sketch and just knew that I had to do it. I think this is one of those sketches that I will be using over and over. Here is a copy of the sketch:


 Bev's-sketch-7_thumb



 

 

And here is the card:

 

 100_2548

Supplies: Magnolia Stamp, SU Cardstock, SU Watercolour crayons, SU Sentiment stamp, Miscellaneous DS Paper.

 

 

Why do you ask, was this card a challenge? It is very colourful and bright. I generally go for more subdued colours and stick to just one or two. When you look at the other ladies cards over at the site you will notice that they are all very colorful and got lots of layers and embellishments, but somehow they manage to work. I have tried it before but I thought my card looked messy and was made by a child. So this card has taken my two days to do as been playing around with the colours and papers. I am pleased with how the card turned out and will definitely be trying to push myself again in the future. Who knows next time I might even be able to put some embellishments on it. Lol!

 

Anyhow as I said not feeling the best so this is it for today.

 

Till next time xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Bron...it looks great, I love it. Hope ur feeling better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs