Wednesday 14 April 2010

Papertake Weekly & The Sugar Bowl

Hi everyone just a quick one today it is nearly time to pick up the kids and go off to netball training.


I have some exciting news but I can’t share it with you just yet. I promise as soon as I can I will let you know.


School is back here in Melbourne and I have to say it has been rather nice! Although I miss not having to rush in the mornings and not having to nag the kids to get ready the peace and order of the house is bliss.


Robbie’s birthday party on Sunday (29 kids) was a great day and seeming they all appeared to have fun I can call it a success. I am so pleased we decided to have it at the school as it poured with rain and there is no way I could have managed with that many kiddies in my house.


On Monday my darling husband took me to the movies to see The Blindside. Oh my gosh what a movie! I was tearing up within nearly the first 15 minutes and did not stop till the end. It was such an uplifting story and so well portrayed. If you have not seen it yet then make sure you do I am sure you want regret it.


Today’s card is for two challenges, this fortnight’s sketch over at The Sugar Bowl and Papertake Weekly (cutie pie). I have not done a sketch challenge over at The Sugar Bowl for so long, not because I have not wanted to but because I seem to be running out of time to do all my favorites each week. The “Cutie Pie” theme over at PT means you can make anything you think is cute/sweet. I have therefore used my Windswept from Sugar Nellie as I think this image has a real innocence to it.


 CH33Flowers


 


 


There it is my card, I am pleased with the result (considering I had to include flowers, something I have been struggling to do lately). I have used as mentioned the Windswept from Home Grown Sugar Nellie range, watercolour pencils for colouring, ribbon, flowers and pearls that I had in my stash. Faux stitching and doodling have also been added.


Well as I said in a bit of a rush better dash.


Until next time xoxo

3 comments:

  1. ohh wow where do I start! this is gorgeous I love your layout, papers and the image is coloured to perfection, it's gorgeous! thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! YOur vintage look is so pretty and the colors that you have combined are beautiful together!! Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs