Monday 5 April 2010

Quixotic Challenge - Case it

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter with their loved ones. Easter Bunny was thumping around our front garden about 4pm leaving out all the Easter eggs for the kids which just as well as they were in our room as soon as the sun started to come up, wanting to get out there.


We had a Michael’s grandmother around for a light lunch and then we went to my mum and dads house for an Easter dinner with my family. The kids now have so many Easter Eggs I think they will enough to last them till Christmas!


I managed to get a good clean in on Saturday as the kids went to Michael’s grandmothers for the day so because of that I have been spoilt and have been able to have a slow day today and make a card. Once again I was in pains as to which challenge I would take on but when I saw that this weeks challenge over at Quixotic was to case a DT Member I could not resist. I have always loved Elaine’s work and particularly really liked a card she recently made which you can find here. I loved the crispness of this card which is why I choose to case it. Elaine's cards are always so fresh it was hard to pick one in particular to case.


 And here is my version of the card.


  


The stamp is from Kraftin Kimmie, copics have been used for colouring (based on one of Elaine’s colouring of this image), Basil cardstock and ribbon I had in my draw. I have also used hairpin, beads and spacers which I brought from Quixotic a few weeks ago.


Anyhow I better go now as I need to go make a birthday cake for my son Robert, who is turning 6 tomorrow. We have my family coming for a roast tomorrow night and then on Sunday he has a party which he has invited 36 kids too (i think I must of been insane when I agreed to it)!


Until next time xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Bronwen!!! Fab colouring of Charlotte, and I'm thrilled that you chose to CASE one of my cards! :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bit of caseing! Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs