Sunday 16 May 2010

Yey I am Guest Designing over at Anyone for Anya

Wow Mr Random Thingy must like me at the moment as it picked me to be a Guest Designer over at Anyone for Anya, yey!! I love this challenge blog and it made it easier for me finishing my stint up at Papertake Weekly knowing I had this to come to for the next 4 weeks. I look forward to joining in with the AFA DT for the month.


We have had a busy weekend here in The Beekman household with Saturday morning sports and sleepovers. My wonderful sister Sarah decided that she wanted the kids for a sleepover so we packed them off yesterday afternoon and then enjoyed some much needed us time. We were however a bit lazy and just went out for dinner then came home and watched a movie.


This morning we headed off to pick the kids up and then headed over to the footy oval where hubby played his fortnightly match. I love the atmosphere of the local footy and the kids get a real kick out of seeing Daddy play.


So this week over at AFA the challenge is “Don’t be Square” and I have to say this was a challenge for me as I have fallen into the trap of making all my cards square. I knew though it was the prefect opportunity to make my first circle card and was a bit shocked on how small they are. However having said that it takes away a lot of the anguish you have about laying out your card and embellishments as you don’t have much room to work with and as a result they end up being a quick and easy card to make. Well I suppose I better stop blubbering and show you my card:


 


As I said nice and simple. I have used Miss Anya from the dressy collection, copics markers for colouring, black and white cardstock, patterned paper is Creative Imaginations-Flourish Poppy, ribbon and lace had laying in my stash and the hair pin with glass beads I got from Quixotic. I finished off the card with some doodling using my white and black pens.


Be sure to pop over to AFA and have a peek at the other DT’s fantastic work.


Better dash we are now off to my mum and dads for dinner.


Until next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs