Sunday 18 November 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenges - All about books

Good morning everyone...I am slightly late with my post this morning but that is because I just did not get a chance to pre-post it yesterday and I slept in a little today.

So this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges our challenge to you is "All about books" and we have a fab prize from our regular sponsor Tilda's Town. What a great variety of options for you and a great example of the many possible options is on our blog with all the fabulous creations there by my fellow teamies. 

So I started my project last weekend and have been slowly working on it during the week finally finishing it off yesterday. In hindsight it did not take that long to do but I just did not have a huge block of time to dedicate to it and I spent too much time thinking of what to do! I have always admired book cards but never made one so that was my challenge to myself this week. At first I thought I would make it a card but then thought about it and thought why not make it a Christmas decoration? The end result is we now have a new Christmas decoration for the year that being a Christmas Story book....I took all my might not to keep adding to the book and to just keep it clean and simple and  I also  thought if it is to last having lots of flowers and embellishments on it is going to wear and look tatty over time....

So here is the front cover.....My vision is that The frame is a window and that you are looking into Santa delivering presents....The fame has clear transparency paper on it which I have also added some dots and flakes using my  stickles too to give the effect of snow (so hard to tell on a picture though) I also used my water colour crayons and created the brown/gold behind Santa's as I imagined once again that you are looking through the window and there is just a slight light from a fire or lamp illuminating the wonder you are seeing..


here is another pic of the front that sort of gives a better picture of what I was saying about the snow on the "glass" and the stickles on the gorgeous frame which you can get from Make it Crafty




the next photo is the inside of the book

I have dabbed the edges of the accordion fold with gold paint and once again added  gold stickles to the corner swirl (once again through Make it Crafty).......The opening of the gate is folded and held together with dimensional tape I was imagining that you are using the gate to enter a park.....the trees I inserted in to different sections of the folds to also add dimension...here is a closer look



So if you have stayed with me to here thank you very much....

I am going to enter my book into the following challenges:

Tilda's Town - Anything Goes
Midweek Magnolias - O Christmas Tree
Marvelous Magnolias - Traditional Christmas Colours
Magnolia-licious Challenges - Sitckles and/or Glitter

Once again thanks for joining me today and I look forward to seeing your interpretation of the our challenge....

Until next time xoxo











13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is a fabulous project!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week with your amazing project! Good luck and I hope to see you again next week!!!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book and I love the inside.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bron. Hi Bron. Wow this is gorgeous, love the colours and design! Thanks for sharing this cardbook with us at Tilda's Town Challenges. Hugs Carla xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty book, I love the trees inside, beautifully done, thanks so much for joining in at Midweek Magnolias this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book-card is just gorgeous :0)))

    Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Bron! This is super sweet! Love your santa stamp and you have inked Father Christmas to pure perfection! Simply stunning! I love it that your picture is so much bigger in here so I can look and grasp all the wonderful details such as the snow and the golden frame :)
    Cute!

    Biggest of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Bron this is awesome hun!!Thank you for joining us at Marvelous Magnolias this time would love to see you joining us again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Bron!!
    Love the front but the inside is amazing too..
    So many wonderful details and great colouring..
    Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia this week..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Midweek Magnolias too Bron!!
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bron!! Do you need my address?! LOL This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's me again..
    I'm not crazy..
    Thanks for sharing your project with us at Tilda's Town too Bron..
    Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this! Gorgeous coloring and designing! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thank you for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs