Sunday 4 November 2012

Magnolia Down Under Challenges - Christmas Decoration

Good morning everyone I hope you are well. 

We have a long weekend here in Melbourne and lucky for my hubby and I my mum called late yesterday evening and asked if they could have the kids for the night and day.....ummmm let me think about that, yes, LOL! My kids just adore spending time at my mum and dads and hubby and I will enjoy a day together.

So this week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges we want to see you make or alter a Christmas ornament..I just love my new spellbinder floral ovals die and could not resist making it into an ornament for the tree. My hubby actually loved this so much he said I have to make more!


I played around with the colouring a bit....I used my water colour crayons and aqua pen and coloured the background around Tilda just adding lots of colours and blending them in until I was happy. I forgot how much I loved using the crayons...I then drew in some stars and dots to give it a little extra. The back of the ornament (in hindsight should have taken a photo of that) is just plain red and I joined the two pieces together with glue and an extra bit of card stock in the middle to make it stronger.

Now don't forget to stop by MDUC and check out the amazing works on show and to read about our very own Camilla's store who is sponsoring us this week. I look forward to popping by your blogs and looking at your creations. 

I am going to enter this into the following:

Midweek Magnolias - Anything Goes
New challenge blog Marvelous Magnolia Challenges - Anything Goes
Simply Magnolia - Sparkles & Swirls (her wings & stars are sparkly)

So that is it from me today. I am going to go off and enjoy this beautiful sunshine with hubby. 

Thanks for stopping by, until next time xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Bron, Gorgeous colours
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bron :)
    WOW! This is so sweet and with such amazing coloring it simply is breathtaking! Love the background surrounding little cutie Tilda :)

    Biggest of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bron. Beautiful ornament, the coloring is AMAZING! Your husband is right, you should make more, this is is so lovely! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! this is so adorable, a beautiful decoration with amazing colouring. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Christmas ornament Bron.. Love the floral oval.. You've made a really special background for the image.. Great job..
    Thanks for joining us in our very first Marvelous Magnolia Challenge..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas ornament Bron! Love the image you've used and your colouring looks lovely.

    Hope you and your hubby enjoyed your kid free day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful christmas ornament you´ve created :0)))

    Thank you for joining in the first Marvelous Magnolia Challenge ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a Christmas Ornament, beautifully coloured and I love the background, hugs Sara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs