Monday 6 September 2010

Happy Fathers Day (well a little belated)

Yesterday was fathers day here in the Land of Oz which of course means more male cards. You may remember from last post that I don't particularly like making male cards but seeming I have been dying to use the Mo Manning Digi for dad for ages I was really excited to sit down and make this card.

Since I was a kid my dad has been a railway enthusiast. He has been making model trains and tracks for years (started in the 000 gauge and in the last 10 years or so gone to 0 gauge). I remember he used to go to a fellow modelers house every Tuesday and help with making a railway track and just work on his own projects. I remember going to the railway modelling show at Camberwell Town Hall with him watching all the trains go round and round. I also remember that once a year all these men (generally a bit older than dad) coming along to our house for a meeting where they would all sit around and talk trains! He still has his meeting at home now 2 times a year, one for each gauge he does, and loves nothing more than wake up early on a weekend and go to his railway room and work on his trains. Mum and Dads garage has an awesome track in it that he has been building for years and the kids love it when he sets it all up for his meeting as they get to watch grandads trains.

It is because dad has such a passion for his hobby that he can actually appreciate my hobby of making cards and the excitement over things that normal people just stare at you blankly for. 

Anyhow you will see why the card I made for my dad was just perfect for him and I am proud to say that he really liked it!


I had so much fun colouring in this image, I am in love with Mo Manning's images.

So I have finished my 3 weeks of full time work, thank god, and can now enjoy getting back into my normal routine. I have a sick one home from school today so it is a perfect opportunity to sit down, rug up and make a card.

Thanks for stopping by, until next time xoxo

Ingredients:
Stamp - The engineer digi stamp from Mo Digital Pencil
Coloured with copics
Papers - October Afternoon and black card stock
Embellishments - ribbons, string and brad
Other elements - hand stitching, ink smudging and distressing

1 comment:

  1. The card looks awesome Bron, no doubt he loved it! The colouring is fantastic...what greens have you used? xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs