Sunday 5 June 2011

Come join us for a colour challenge at Magnolia Down Under Challenges

 This week at Magnolia Down Under Challenges we have a colour challenge for you...purple, peach and cream....Now if you were in the vicinity of my house you would have heard me running and screaming when I read this colour combo....not because it is not nice but because it required me to use purple, a colour in real life that I love but hate using on cards as I can never normally get it right.

So with a lot of hesitation I set off to make my card for this week and in the end I am really happy with how it turned out. Admittedly I have used not much peach (only in my flowers) but I have managed to use lots of purple.



Wow I had so much fun making this card as I got to play with my new magnolias and papers that came in the mail this week, yippee! I also challenged myself and did some masking (something that I normally admire on every ones cards) and although it is not perfect with the proportions of the rainbow I am still happy with how it came out.

Now be sure to pop over to the MDUC and check out the amazing cards, i just love how everyone has taken on the challenge and the diversity of cards on show.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:


Off to the football today with my sister and kids so hopefully my boys (Hawthorn) will do me proud and win. I possibly will have no voice tomorrow though!

Enjoy your Sunday. Thanks for stopping by, until next time


10 comments:

  1. Hi cutie :)
    Wow!! I would never have thought you didn't appreciate colouring and crafting in purple! This looks way to gorgoues for that :) LOL
    (I also have a dreaded colour, like you not in life but in crafting and mines red..my red cards looks like something a child would do or somebody has been throwing up all over it..YES! It's that bad ;)) LOL

    Love to see all of this new amazing Maggie items :) The stamp is so fabby and your colouring makes it ebmven more beautiful! Adore those cute papers too :)
    Amazing peachy flowers as well - cute!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that was the ruckus I heard coming from your house!! LOL (joking of course). Your masking is great as is all the purplishous papers! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweets.... stopping by to tell you just how beautiful your card is.. I love that scene...

    bg hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgeous card and love the colours you have used. Hope the football went well and you still have a voice!

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Bron and the scene you've created looks fab! I haven't done any masking for ages. Love those papers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Bron! Love your paper mix, the purple is so pretty with the cream accents! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Bron, this Tilda is so AWESOME isn't she? I love how you popped the rainbow in too, and yep I know just what you mean about purple.. LOL but I'm starting to challenge myself a bit more with the colours I dont use so that they aren't so frightening!! hahahah So expect to see more Blue and Purple from me... well hopefully!! I love your card and the new Doo Hickey and your colouring is out of this world!!
    Cuddles
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. BROL!! You are so funny! You would have heard me scream too!! When I saw that challenge I was soooo happy I wasn't in that group. LMBO!! But you really rocked it!! I got these papers this week too and they are so inspiring. And great masking job too!! I must try that too. I buy the pieces but that's as far as I get. LOL! Aren't the new Doohickey's fun?!! Fab job GF!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the fab scene :-) Thankyou for Stamping Something for Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs