Sunday 19 June 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenges - Fun in the sun

For my Magnolia Down Under post please see below*

Good evening all I hope you have had a great day. This week at Stamptacular Challenges the challenge is …


“Fun In The Sun!”

For this weeks challenge you will create a card or project that has something to do with having fun in the sun! What do you associate with summer, sun and fun? Let your creative skills roam!
This week we are sponsered by:

THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE

PRIZE: Winners Choice of 5 Digi Images!

AND

TEDDY BO

PRIZE: Winner’s Choice of 3 Digi Images!

So summer to me means so many things but with my Nana being quite ill at the moment when I read this challenge I was taken back to my childhood when I would visit the fairies in my Nana's garden. My Nana has a wonderful imagination and would dream up the most wonderful scenarios for us...I always believed that the little part of the garden was were the fairies lived as she would leave notes from the fairies to us and many more wonderful things. We are so lucky to have a Nana like ours we had endless hours of fun joining in Nana's wonderful games and things from dressing up as French Tarts to talking to Mr Pipeman, the man who lived in the house pipes and would talk to us and send us Postcards and christmas and birthday presents. For many years I believed he was real and never twigged that when Nana was away so was Mr Pipeman I was devastated when a friend told me (after I excitedly got them to come talk to Mr Pipeman) it was Nana talking through the vents. I felt like I had lost a family member...It was about this time that I became suspicious of things that I believed in and I slowly learnt that so many of my magical moments and times of my childhood where all down to my Nana and her imagination...

So my card for today is about fairies!


I brought this Lili of the Valley stamps a while ago now and although she has been inked she has been sitting at the bottom of my stash for a while now. The other week I was at the gorgeous Kirsty's house and we were talking about easel cards and since then I have been wanting to give a circle one a go and I just love how delicate this one has come out.

Anyhow I hope you enjoyed my reminiscing......

Thanks for stopping by, until next time



6 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, this is wonderful a really great colours too, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunningly pretty card Bron!! I love the story about your Nana - she sounds wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Bron, I love it.
    I have quite a few LOTV stamps, you card just makes me want to go & play.
    Cheers
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!! Love you colorcombination, and your DP is goreous.
    The lace makes it just more beautiful, and the bow with pearls is an eyecatcher.
    Hugs Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this card Bron and it was so nice reading your recollection of childhood memories with your Nanna. Nanna's are just the best. The easel card is beautiful and you will have to show me how you did it next time we catch up. Happy Birthday for yesterday xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I love your Nana stories. Sounds like she's a great Nana. And your card is gorgeous! Love the easel card and I find I'm too lazy to make them. LOL!!! But jeesh they are easy hey? I love the lace around it. Just gives it the perfect touch!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog. I hope you enjoyed what you saw...Have a fantastic day hugs